By: Jimmie Sykes
The comfort zone is defined as a place or situation where one feels safe or at ease and without stress. In your comfort zone, you're probably relaxing, eating snacks while watching Netflix, not concerned with whats going on with the world around you. Or perhaps you spend your moments in your comfort zone reading a book or something.
We've all heard the saying "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take." Well, this line is as true as it gets. I've always been always told "if you're not satisfied with the position you're in, then why are you looking so comfortable?" Nothing good ever comes from your comfort zone except for leisure. Everybody loves some free time on their hands but when there's places you want to be, and goals you want to reach, one can barely afford it.
The key to breaking your comfort zone is uneasiness. This just means being on edge to the point where you're uncomfortable. Things might not always go your way, and that's fine because its life. If you're looking for growth, then the comfort zone is not the place that you'll find it. It's hard to achieve growth in your shell. You must pull away from the position that you're so used to being in. To get something you've never had, you must do something you've never done.
Breaking the comfort zone 101: Tips for Growth
Ask yourself "What can I do to break out of this shell?" Here's how you can break your comfort zone that you are oh so comfortable in:
- Never second guess yourself or your next move. If it crossed your mind then it's crossing it for a reason.
- Take that risk and make something happen for yourself. No risk, no reward.
- Reach out! Make connections! This one is underrated. It's not about what you know it's about who you know. Reaching out doesn't mean trying to make everyone you come across your friend. It's just a way to keep those you come across on notice. Make sure you mention your name and what you stand for.
- Talk about yourself more. Mention your plans and your goals. Speak them into existence.
- Plan precisely then execute. A wise man told me it's all about 90 percent planning, and 10 percent execution when it comes to tackling your goals.
- Go for everything that you want. It won't come to you unless you work to get it. Working hard is one of the biggest confidence boosters.
- Ask open-ended questions. You will loosen up right along with the conversation.
- Do what's best for you and don't waste any time valuing an outsider's opinion. That won't get you anywhere.
Don't sit and watch life pass you by because you didn't want to experience, connect, and try new things. All of these things are beneficial for growth. Have an on-edge mentality until you get where you want to be. Leave the comfort zone behind until you've reached your full potential. Show patience, stay consistent, find yourself, then continue to chase your dreams and accomplish all goals.
Follow on Twitter: @GroovNuke @WriteToMakeIt
Find my channel on Apple News: WriteToMakeItRight