By: Jimmie Sykes
Where does doubting yourself and your god-given ability get you?
A ride on a long road to nowhere. The last person you should want to let down is yourself. We all have those down in the dumps moments. You know, the kind where we feel as if we aren't good enough. That's normal, we're all human. But one thing no one needs to be doing is staying stuck in this phase.
Never make yourself feel less than you are. If you have a talent that is in you, remember that the only person that can take that away from you is you. Holding your capabilities in is possibly the worse thing you can do to yourself in a situation like this.
Whatever you want in life, don't wait for it.
If you're trying to find time for an opportunity you've been seeking, now is that time. You must find it in yourself to be self-doubt to the deadline. Don't push your opportunity away because you feel that inside of you now isn't the time. You will never know unless you try.
Sometimes you must throw yourself to the wolves and go out on a limb to free yourself from self-doubt. That time you're spending boxing in your talent could be the same time you spend utilizing your purpose with your craft. If you're looking for the perfect time to go for it, make sure it's in the moment.
What can you do to ready yourself for the moment?
- Tell yourself countless times that you're going after it.
- Learn how to muster up some courage.
- Never spend too much time waiting on the right time. If you do that you'll forever waiting on never. Sometimes it's never the right time for the right thing. You just got to do it and go for it.
- Know your worth. This one just might be favorite. Feel that you're the one for whatever you want to go after.
- Treat yourself as if you're one-of-a-kind and authentic, because chances are that you are.
- Don't worry about who's rooting for you. Root for yourself. Do right and the rest will follow.
Remember you are the only person in control of your ability. Don't doubt yourself. In the wise words of me, "do you."